Friday, January 7, 2011

Hyper-Realism anyone?

One of my newest obsessions in art is perhaps one of the oldest forms. Sometimes known as Hyper-Realism or Photo-Realism; this art strives to be as aesthetically accurate as possible. It's a fine line between realistic and interesting, and these two artists have perfected that line.
Realist sculptor Jamie Salmon is a god in my eyes. In his own words he wants to,
     "make something that tells a story or moves people in some sort of way, not something that just looks very real...I need my works to have a certain degree of reality about them, but it`s more of a heigtened reality. This is also why I like to play with scale in a lot of my works as well. I think it is something that catches people off guard and forces them to confront their ideas about reality, and to also think about the idea behind the work more deeply."

Check out this genius!


If you wanna see more of his work check out his online gallery at http://www.avatarsculptureworks.com/index.html

The second Hyper-Realist artist is the amazing young artist Roberto Bernardi, who devoted his life to photo-realist still-lifes. His work is breathtaking, and YES THESE REALLY ARE PAINTINGS!



If you like what you see make sure to check out his website http://www.robertobernardi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment